On Sep 19, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Edward Hunt wrote:
Gents:
Lu is right, I was remiss in failing to respond.
I am all about a game at the Academy – after all, I was the one who planted the seed for SMU-Navy before I realized that I was going to be out of town elsewhere that weekend. And I want to see Army-Navy as well; like Gall, that’s something I would like to check off my list. But I think if we plan it a little bit we might be able to get better seats for an affordable price. Plus, the game will be rotating to some different and exciting venues in future years:
http://unsportsmanlikecomment.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/army-navy-game-ships-out-in-2010/
As for blame, many of the Gamblers have family commitments that are legitimate priorities. Life intervenes at some point – let’s face it, we ain’t a bunch of beer-swilling college kids any more. But I have to give Roberti a pass this year. With his family commitments somewhat diminished in the last 18 months, the big question on the Roberti front is: has the Cheezer mixed any white chicks into his dating scene? Berti is like me, we both like our women with a little slant to them….
But whether a true “Pokermania” event comes off this year, or a Pokermania Lite, there’s always next year. And 20 out of 21 ain’t too shabby; if we miss this one, then like Joe DiMaggio, we simply start a new streak next year.
Chicken a la zhen forever,
E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment